Looking to take your quilting and sewing skills to a new level? The Brother CP100X Sewing machine contains a vast array of advanced features, for a refined sewing experience. Whether it is repairing ripped denim jeans to sewing a new dress, this Brother machine contains everything that an expert sewer would require in an all-in-one machine.
Who This Machine Is Designed For
While you would think with all the vast array of stitches and features this machine has, it would be more geared to intermediate to expert sewers, with this machine, this is not the case. Customers rave about how easy this machine is to operate, from its detailed instruction manual to automatic needle threader with threading diagrams, it makes sewing incredibly easy, no matter what your skill level.
Easy to Use Right from the Beginning
Do you hate having to manually thread a machine? The eye strain it causes, let alone the frustration at having to do such a tedious job, can make sewing a hassle. This Brother sewing machine has removed that aggravation by incorporating an automatic needle threader, easy drop in bobbin, and automatic bobbin winding.
- Automatic Needle Threader: This feature makes threading a needle easier over doing it manually as the machine does this itself. It makes the threading process efficient. It allows you to focus more on your project, and less about set up.
- Easy Drop-In Bobbin: The drop in bobbin feature makes sure your bobbin remains in place and creates an even stitch quality. Customers appreciate how easy the drop-in bobbin keeps the machine going.
- Automatic Bobbin Winding System: Who wants to spend time winding a bobbin or wondering how much thread is left while sewing? The automatic bobbin winding system evenly winds bobbins for an optimal sewing experience. Your machine won’t jam, and your thread won’t break. It ensures a smooth performance every time.
Contains Features for Novices and Advanced Users
Don’t you hate it when the line you had just sewn isn’t completely straight? Perhaps you are new and are concerned that you won’t be able to sew in a straight line.
- Measured Guide Marks: The measured guide marks found on the needle plate accompanied by the big workspace ensures that straight lines are sewn each time, and seam allowances are even.
- Adjustable Sewing Speed Control: The adjustable speed for stitching allows the user to be in full control of their project. It will not allow you to go too fast if you are newer, or too slow so that you won’t be able to finish your project on time.
- Fixed Needle Bar: Customers will appreciate the fixed needle bar as it permits the needle to remain in place while sewing. This creates even lines and cleaner stitches.
- Stitch Chart: Conveniently located on the front of the machine, users have a selection of 100 built-in stitches including decorative, utility, and heirloom stitches. The settings and stitches accompanied by auto-sized buttonholes are easily selected. Users can view their selection then find the recommended foot on the LCD screen.
- Ten Feet Available for any Project: The Brother CP100X comes with the zigzag foot, blind stitch foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, zipper foot, monogramming foot, walking foot, quilting foot, and ¼ piercing foot.
Users should note that the monogramming foot is designed for decorative stitches. This machine does not do any monogramming.
- Wide Table: This makes sewing easier by allowing the user to have enough room to piece together quilts or for larger projects.
The quilting and sewing machine portion of the machine is easy to utilize. With little effort, users will quickly become familiar with how the machine works based on the easy-to-follow instructions located in the manual. The machine itself is portable and lightweight. This makes it wonderful for a home-based business or for tailors.
Designed to Last
Brother is known to design well-made sewing machines. They are made of quality material that can handle daily wear and tear with ease.
- Durable Metal Frame: This machine is strong enough to resist daily wear and tear. The quality construction permits the machine to complete a multitude of heavy projects like heavy quilts or denim with ease without breaking down.
- Protective Hard Case: When the sewing machine is not in use, it can be placed in a protected hard case to avoid being damaged, and to prevent dust/dirt from entering the machine.
- Lightweight: This machine is surprisingly light making it easy to transport if you are a tailor, and easy to set up if you operate a home-based business.
Is This Machine For Me?
It is fair enough to wonder if this machine is for you. Most sewers want something that is at their skill level, that they can grow from/into, and that fits within their budget. There is nothing more frustrating than falling in love with a machine that you simply can afford or will experience buyer’s remorse from later.
Is it in my budget?
This is the first question anyone would ask: what is the price? Never mind looking at features on something that you simply cannot afford. That would be heartbreaking.
The Brother CP100X is on the affordable side of sewing machines. When you consider the ease of use and features available, it appears to be a good deal.
I’ve heard that beginners should avoid computerized machines because all the extra functions create a steep learning curve. Is this true of this model?
Overall, this is sound advice for most machines. The more features they have, the more complex they are to use. Beginners tend to find it difficult because the machines are so involved, they are unable to grasp the basics. This isn’t true of this machine. It was designed to be easy to use and easy to follow.
- Sewing stitches are of high-quality
- Wide table handles large projects
- Delicate machine- should be carefully handled
- No light built-in
- Quilting feet and built-in quilting stitches are absent
Beginners will love this machine because it is straightforward and easy to use. The automatic features make set up extremely easy and convenient. Users will not spend a great deal of time setting it up allowing them to be more focused on the task at hand.
There are many reasons to fall in love with this machine no matter what your skill level. From novice to expert, the Brother CP100X sewing machine will have something to assist you with your next project and for many years to come.