The Latest Sewing Machine Reviews, Projects and Tutorials
Welcome to Sewing From Home!
This blog is packed full of fun tutorials and guides to help you learn sewing, quilting and embroidery.
Sewing Machine Reviews
From everyday sewing machines, to industrial heavy-duty solutions, to small models that are perfect for kids, we’ve amassed a huge collection of sewing machine reviews.
Some of the top brands we’ve featured include:
Our experts have spent hundreds of hours exploring and road-testing each machine across our many requirements and specifications.
We examine reliability, versatility, individual sewing specs and that all important ease of use.
Want our opinion before you buy?
Browse: Our Sewing Machine Reviews
Best Machines in 2023
Unless you’ve been brought up in a world of sewing and embroidery, the sewing machine market can be more than a little overwhelming.
There’s a huge number of machines out there. How do you know which is right for you?
Want a simple summary of the best performing sewing machines on the market today?
Read: The Best Sewing Machines in 2023
From the Singer Quantum Stylist, to the Brother Project Runway Series, our 2023 Buyer Guide helps you decide which model is right for you.
Choose By Category
Need a machine that excels on a certain type of fabric? Or for a specific project?
Narrow down the options with our ‘Best In Class‘ sewing machine round-ups:
- For Leather – five awesome machines for working with leather.
- For Denim & Jeans – need to work with tough denim and jeans?
- For Monogramming – our pick of machines for monogramming fonts and stitches.
- For Small Projects – sometimes you need a mini machine for little odds and ends.
- For Making Clothes – for aspiring fashion designers looking to sew their own clothes.
- For Beginners – what are the easiest machines for a complete novice?
- Heavy Duty Machines – our pick of machines for working with the toughest materials.
- Quilting Machines – the best specialist quilting machines.
- Embroidery Machines – our favorite embroidery machines for beginners and home businesses.
- Serger Machines – for if you need to sew multiple threads at the same time
- Top Picks on a Budget – our favorite cheap sewing machines.
The Best Sewing Gear
It’s not just machines that we cover.
Here on SFH, we spotlight everything that goes in to the dream craft room for an experienced sewer. What products and tools do we love to use?
Take a look:
- Sewing Kits – the perfect starter kits for your budding craft supplies box.
- Marking Tools – we couldn’t sew clothes without these.
- Fabric Scissors – don’t skimp on these!
- Bags & Cases – perfect for organising your craft room clutter!
- Tables & Desks – where the magic happens: every budding sewist needs a workspace!
- Craft Cabinets – like a desk, but with extra storage.
- Subscription Boxes – our favorite monthly sewing supply boxes.
Our rundown of the best sewing gear can equip you to take your hobby to the next level.
See More: The Best Sewing Gear in 2023
Sewing Tutorials & Guides
Our community is crazy about sewing.
We’ve compiled a variety of tutorials to help you with everything from sewing certain fabrics, to setting up a sewing business, to basic sewing 101s.
Browse our guides:
- Project Ideas & Tutorials – we walk you through some of our absolute favorite sewing projects, including both practical and fun guides.
- Fashion Styles & Trends – our favorite types of dresses, cut styles, and tips for making your own clothes.
- Skills & Techniques – from crochet edging to embroidering on canvas – what are the skills you need?
- Getting To Know Fabrics – learn how to choose the best materials for your next project.
- Types of Stitches – learning basic stitches is critical for working with textiles!
- Machine FAQs – learn how to get the most out of your machine, and understand how it actually works.
See More: All Our Tutorials & Guides
Build Your Library of Patterns, Files & Fonts
We love sewing patterns – they allow us to be creative and express our individuality.
With so many different patterns available, you can find the perfect one for any project you have in mind.
We’ve spent hours curating our favorite patterns – as well as fonts and design files (great for any embroidery projects).
Have a look and see:
- Sewing Pattern Collections – browse through our lists of perfect patterns for everything from men’s shorts, to bikinis, to face masks and even barbie dolls!
- Where To Find Sewing Patterns – our favorite places to shop for sewing patterns.
- Free Embroidery Machine Fonts – 25 of the most popular free fonts for embroidery machines.
- Free Digitizing Software – another must-have for embroidery fans, these free tools are great for digitizing and editing your designs.
See More: Our Guides to Files & Fonts
Have We Met Before?
Sewing From Home has been featured in several top publications including: Entrepreneur, USA Today and the Huffington Post.
In addition, our editor Jane has been featured in dozens of interviews, on television, and in over 30 ‘crafting at home‘ sites.
We’re always happy to talk sewing!
If you’d like to work with us, drop an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.